Memorial Day is approaching us. With only a few weeks away, it is tradition to honor the people of the United States Armed Forces who have fought and died for our country. This special day occurs the last Monday in May, making it an honorable federal holiday. Every year, millions of Americans gather with family, friends, and other loved ones to celebrate by having various cookouts and barbecues which rely on great company, great entertainment, and most important, great food. So what are the best vegan barbecue recipes for Memorial Day?
1. Lightlife Smoked Sausage Kabobs with Beer-Mustard Sauce. A barbecue without kabobs and beer is like sunshine without the sun, I would say. This vegan recipe really epitomizes what good barbecue is all about. Substitute the butter in this recipe for vegan butter and you are good to go.
2. Lightlife Smart Wings with Blue Cheese Dip. Some of the greatest foods at barbecues are those traditional specialties that you would never think would ever be vegan. One of them being wings. Although I have to add, instead of using mayo to make the dip, substitute it with non-dairy ingredients.
3. Daiya Creamy Macaroni and Cheese. Is there anyone on earth that hates macaroni and cheese? What if I told you that you can enjoy this classic without any dairy or eggs. And it is still tastes delicious? Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite foods and this, my friends, is one of my favorite barbecue recipes.
4. Gardein Chipotle Chick'n Kebabs. Some of the greatest food I have ever enjoyed at a barbecue or outdoor event has been seasoned with chipotle. What I love about this amazing Gardein addition is that it can work as both an entrée and an appetizer.
5. Tofurky Andouille Po Boy. Some of the greatest barbecue food I have ever enjoyed is influenced by New Orleans and this Cajun classic proves why it is one of the greatest vegan barbecue recipes to enjoy this Memorial Day.