When the sebaceous gland produces more sebum (or natural oil we naturally produce) than usual, it creates an oily finish to your skin. Granted the production of the sebaceous gland will make your skin hydrated and healthy, too much will make your skin oily. Oily skin can be caused by an array of things that range from the environment in which you live to the food that you ingest to even your individual anatomy to your DNA background.
As a woman who deals with oily skin in the Spring and Summer months, I have figured out ways of dealing with this issue. Although a good skincare regimen is vital, what I have discovered are some great foundations that help eliminate and deal with extra oil on the skin. My skin. I have tried quite a few foundations for oily skin. So what are the best?
1. NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation I like the texture of this foundation and how it lasts throughout the day. I have personally put this one to the test three times--one while working out, two while visiting Yellowstone National Park, and three one while laying in the sun. This foundation lasts and it doesn't feel dry nor creates any sort of weird oxidizing on your skin.
2. Kevyn Aucoin Beauty Foundation Balm Hydration is extremely vital and important, especially when you have oily skin simply because you don't want to use products that could potential weaken or damage your skin's natural acid mantle. This foundation is not only long-lasting, but provides your skin with moisture and is good for those of you who are looking for something anti-aging too.
3. Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation This virtually lasts through almost everything. I have went swimming while wearing this foundation and it didn't come off. The only thing that took this foundation off was makeup remover followed by my normal, routine skincare regimen.
4. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation When it comes to oily skin, I like this foundation because it's very lightweight and sinks into your skin like a second skin. I have used this foundation for years and still pick it up no matter what season it is. I have combination skin which leans towards the oily side during Spring and Summer. This foundation is fantastic.
5. Ellis Faas Foundation Working a regular 9-to-5 shift can be tiresome. And when you have oily skin, you just want the day to be over. Yet the day seems to be slower. Luckily this foundation exists, as it is clearly one of the best I have worn to the office. Whether dry or oily, this foundation will last through it all.
6. Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation I used this by accident before going outside and lets just say, it lasted the entire time. It didn't fade nor flake. Although this foundation is anything, but luxury, it is quality and truly proves that some of the greatest foundations can be found at your local drugstore. Nothing is better than an affordable foundation that performs so effortlessly.
7. Cover FX Power Play Foundation Recently, I discovered my real love for this foundation as I wore this to the gym recently. It is Summer, so my skin is on the oily side of course. After working out for almost two hours I looked in the mirror and realized my foundation was still on my face as if I just applied it. This was the foundation I used.
8. Pat McGrath Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation As one of the world's best makeup artists, Pat McGrath delivers some of the greatest makeup products, with this foundation being one of them. I put this to the test while doing yoga and lets just say, this foundation lasted the entire time.
9. Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Youthful Look 24-Hour Foundation I have tried so many foundations this year, as my skin is combination and leans towards the oily side in the hotter climates. This foundation my friends has lasted through some of my toughest days this year. I have cried in this foundation and it didn't fade. What more can I say? For oily skin this is truly a winner.
10. LORAC POREfection Foundation What I love most about this foundation is the fact that you don't really need a primer and it still works incredibly. And as this is phenomenal for large pores, it is fantastic for those of you with oily skin. I put this to the test when I went to the recent Farmer's Market in 110 degree weather. I was quite stunned and a little shocked to see my foundation still on my face hours after I originally applied it.
Honorable mentions include: Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation, DermaBlend Professional Cover Creme, Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Lasting Foundation, Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, Graftobian HD Ultra Glamour Creme Foundation, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
In conclusion, I would just like to say that these are the best foundations I have tried for oily skin.
Now Playing: Higher Love by Kygo & Whitney Houston
FTC: All opinions are my own. Not sponsored. Some affiliate links used.