Friday, March 30, 2012
Top 10 Best Gel and/or Cream Eyeliners of 2012
Gel eyeliner is an amazingly versatile makeup essential. In order to create any makeup look these days, it is highly recommended to use gel and/or cream liner in order to make it happen. Only just recently, I got the chance to try numerous gel, as well as, cream eyeliners and as a result, I have decided to narrow down the many that I have discovered, to only the top 10 best gel eyeliners of 2012.
10. Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel. One of the best gel eyeliners I have discovered this year is definitely this one. Available in not one, but 20 (yes 20) shades, this gel liner demonstrates why it is one of the best gel eyeliners of 2012. Guess what? It is only $12. The Black shade in the Inglot line is perhaps one of the darkest, if not the darkest gel liner I have discovered yet. This gel liner is available at your nearest Inglot retailer or on the official website. I think that this eyeliner gel is vastly underrated, but I also truly believe once others recognize how amazing it actually is, they will be wanting to use it.
9. Stila Smudge Pots. A few months ago, when shopping at the North Point Mall in Alpharetta, GA I had the pleasure of trying and buying Stila Smudge Pots. To my surprise, these gel eyeliners were amazing. Like most gel and/or cream eyeliners, the smudge pots not only work as a versatile gel liner, but they make a great eye shadow base too. One of the best qualities that I have discovered about Stila’s Smudge Pots is the fact that they are incredibly pigmented, so you can build color. Plus the gel liner doesn’t dry right away to a powder finish, but when it does, it lasts for hours upon hours. Stila Smudge Pots are available at your nearest Stila retailer for just $20. Let 2012 be a reminder that if you haven’t had the opportunity to try these gel eyeliners, you definitely need to.
8. Shiseido The Makeup Accentuating Cream Eyeliner. The first time I tried this eyeliner, I was shopping at Bloomingdales. Instead of boring you with a long dissertation about how I did come across this amazing eyelining product, I will just say that to my surprise this eyeliner truly demonstrates why it is one of the best of 2012. The color is visible and because this product is so pigmented, it is very noticeable. After wearing it for a long time, it still remained in place. Shiseido’s The Makeup Accentuating Cream Eyeliner is available at your nearest Shiseido retailer for $26. If you are looking for an eyeliner that does not smudge or does not budge, you are going to love this one.
7. Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner. I first discovered this cream liner when shopping at Herberger’s in the Southgate Mall located in Missoula, MT. Since I first used this incredible Clinique addition, I have to admit I am now a regular user of this cream liner in True Black. It comes with a stand-alone, small travel brush too. In fact, I still use the exact brush it came with to apply it. Can you believe it? The color is pigmented, producing an outstanding color pay-off, as a result. It is relatively long-lasting and very easy to apply. This eyeliner is clearly one of the best gel and/or cream eyeliners of 2012 and de rigueur to say, I would recommend this cream liner to anyone.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Longwear Cream Eyeliner. Recently, when shopping at Nordstrom’s at the Tyson’s Corner Mall in McLean, VA I had the opportunity to not only try, but discover this amazing cream eyeliner. Not only is it pigmented, producing an incredible color pay-off, but it is long-lasting. It doesn’t smudge nor fade. The application is also fairly easy, so applying it is simple. Yves Saint Laurent’s Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils Longwear Cream Eyeliner can be purchased at your nearest Yves Saint Laurent retailer for just $25. Would I use this cream eyeliner again? Yes. Would I recommend it to a friend? Most definitely.
5. Make Up For Ever Aqua Creamliner. When it comes to finding, as well as, using a beauty necessity, there is a lot to contemplate, especially when that necessity is a gel and/or cream liner. Available in various shades, this creamliner confirms why it is in a league of it’s own. I first discovered this great Make Up For Ever addition when shopping at Sephora in Valley Hills Mall in Hickory, NC. To my surprise, this eyeliner is amazing. Everything from it’s vibrant quality to it’s actual intense color formation was surprisingly fantastic. It also managed to last the entire day, which is why I have dubbed it being one of the best gel and/or cream eyeliners of 2012. You can purchase Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Creamliner at your nearest Make Up For Ever retailer for just $20. There is something to be said about an eyelining product that is easy to apply, water resistant, and incredibly adaptable.
4. Shu Uemura Painting Liner Eyeliner. Makeup is as unique as the individual that wears it. Eyeliner is amazing and an important beauty essential and the most versatile eyeliner around is definitely gel and/or cream eyeliner. Not only is this eyeliner long-lasting, it is both water and smudge proof. The texture is smooth. The color is incredibly pigmented, producing a color payoff that is simply amazing. Whether you purchase this amazing gel liner in black, brown, or even purple, you are going to love it. Available at your nearest Shu Uemura retailer or wherever Shu Uemura cosmetics are sold, this outstanding gel liner can be your’s for just $25 right now.
3. Cle de Peau Beaute Intensifying Cream Eyeliner. When I traveled to Dallas to tryout for a reality show, I went there without gel or cream eyeliner. In an effort to discover some, I decided to do shopping before auditioning. At the Neiman Marcus store, I was kindly asked by the sales associate if I wanted to try this eyeliner. The color produced by this eyeliner is intensely visible. In fact, out of the many gel, as well as, cream eyeliners I have tried, this one tends to be one of the most pigmented eyeliners yet. Available in 3 shades, this cream eyeliner is seriously one of the best gel and/or cream eyeliners of the year. This remarkable addition to Cle de Peau Beaute and wonderful cream eyeliner can be purchased for $60 at your nearest Cle de Peau Beaute retailer. Don’t settle for less, get only the best.
2. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner. Do you love it? When you first try a product and you know almost instantaneously whether you love it or hate it, need I remind you that the first time I tried this gel liner, I loved it. Available in 13 shades, this gel liner is truly a force to be reckoned with. Not only is the texture of this product elite, but this gel liner lives up to it’s marketed concept. It is long-lasting and highly pigmented. This fabulous Bobbi Brown addition retails for $22 at your nearest Bobbi Brown counter, retailer, or at Sephora. This award winning gel liner remains to be one of the best gel eyeliners of 2012.
…and the number one gel eyeliner of 2012 is…
1. Mac Fluidline. The moment you have been waiting for. After trying numerous gel, as well as, cream eyeliners (with a vast majority of them being great) I have come to conclusion that the best of 2012 is clearly Mac’s Fluidline. Available in 6 individual shades, 3 collection shades, and several limited edition shades, this gel liner clearly demonstrates why it is the number one gel and/or cream eyeliner of 2012. Not only is it long-lasting, it is color building. The color pay-off produced is phenomenal. It goes on light and doesn’t dry right away, but once it does dry, it lasts hours upon hours. In fact, you could probably fall asleep with this liner and it will stay on the next day. It doesn’t irritate the eyes nor the skin. I have tried so many gel and cream eyeliners and none of them compare to this one. You can purchase Mac Fluidline at your nearest Mac store or counter or wherever Mac cosmetics are sold. The best of the best of 2012 and it is under $20.